Go To Spots In San Pedro

And just like that it is time to go home. I have had such an incredible time here in San Pedro having to leave feels like I am leaving a second home. Being here for two months I have really had a chance to experience the town, meet the locals and find the go to spots on the island. This is my list of go to places if you are traveling to San Pedro.

Beaches

1. Secret Beach: The drive to secret beach is, to be blunt, awful but when you arrive the clear blue water and soft sand make every bump worth it. It is a pretty far trip but it is a great place to spend all day at. They have seats in the water and chairs on the beach. You can order food and drinks that they will bring right to you!
  2. KOKO King: This beach in actually on Caye Caulker, so you would have to take the water taxi from San Pedro over there but its only 30 minutes away and 52 Belize round trip. Once you get to Caye Caulker you take the free boat over to KOKO King, this boat ride is literally less than 2 minutes. KOKO King is a secluded, beautiful island with clear blue water. There is food, drinks, a DJ and swings that swing over the water. (Perfect for a photo!)
  3. Ramon’s Village: So, if you’re not looking to make the trip to Secret Beach you can swim off the dock at the back of Ramon’s. The dock is pretty far out with a large palapa where you can lay out and jump off of. This is somewhere I would go frequently after school to catch some sun and cool off from the day.

Dining

1. Elvi’s – Elvi’s has been a staple in my diet the past two months here in San Pedro. It is a little bit more expensive but the food is so delicious. (I would highly recommend the basil pasta with chicken and requesting Kian to be your waiter!) This is a great place to take family or friends if you are having people visit you.
  2. Brianna’s – If you are looking for more of a traditional meal, this is the spot! The Stew chicken with rice and beans is out of this world yummy and the portions are huge!
  3. Truck Stop – This is the place to be on Sunday nights! Truck Stop is four different food trucks with twinkly lights, live music and drinks. Such a great atmosphere with amazing food and various options!
  4. Coffee Bar – If you are looking for a good coffee and a laugh look no further! Coffee Bar is a great place to go to when you have work to do, the staff is so friendly and the vibe is so chill to sit and get work done while you drink your coffee. The food is delicious as well! Have Miss. Anna cook you up a stuffed fryjack and you will not be disappointed!

Nightlife

1. Wayo’s – Wayo’s is right on the water and the staff absolutely makes it feel like home! Jason, Jovi and Mateline have made us feel like locals!
  2. Intro – This is more of an upscale club scene. I would recommend going on Wednesday nights because there is no cover charge for ladies.
  3. Jaguars/Daddy Rock – These are more of the “local clubs” where you will find that most of the locals go to after all the bars have closed at 12. The nightlife is very different than in the states, after 12 you head to the club and some stay out until 4 or 5 in the morning. Getting breakfast after a night out is not uncommon!

Hopefully if you are planning on coming to San Pedro you will try some of the places I have listed! I promise you will not be disappointed!