Danielle’s week one in Dublin

I have officially spent a full week in Ireland. During this time I have had the pleasure of exploring Dublin’s city center, the Marino Institute, and the bus system. From all of this exploration, I have learned a lot about Ireland and its education system. 

Fun Facts about Dublin 

I did a hop on hop off tour as well as going to lots of museums, and here are some facts I picked up. 

Georgian doors – In Dublin then an area named after the four kings of England all named George. Legend is that when Queen Victoria died the Dubliners or dubs were asked to paint their doors black in mourning. Well, they didn’t listen and decided to paint them different colors.

The building across from Trinity was the bank of Ireland and has no glass windows. This was because the glass was too expensive, so they didn’t put windows in. People joke that when your money went in it never would see the light of day again.

Oscar Wilde – On the bus tour I got to see not only the place where he was born and lived for a year but also the building where he grew up.

I also was lucky enough to go to Howth on the weekend. It was beautiful and highly suggest you go and visit. There is a long hike you can do and the market in town has fabulous food.

One thought on “Danielle’s week one in Dublin